SecondLife dating is quite different from what other regular dating sites offer to their members. As such, making contact and interacting with other users is far way different also. With that, even the members on this site are inevitably different from those on other common dating sites. However, it’s a top performer among the best chat sites. As a virtual dating platform, the dating site is full of people who also have personal interests in video games and virtual fantasies. Key people you are likely to find here include:
- People aged 19+ years have access to specific areas based on personal skill gaming policy.
- People 18+ years to access SecondLife public area as per the maturity ratings and content guidelines.
- All races, sexual orientations, genders, ethnicity, and body size. The site doesn’t discriminate.
- People aged between 13 years to 17 years. However, this comes with parental controls.
Pros and Cons
It offers several services in one. So people dating can enjoy many other things.
It has a mobile app on Android smartphones.
The registration process is easy and fast.
There are numerous features crucial in interactions and communications.
SecondLife members are active and responsive.
It is too congested for a good dating website.
No mobile app for iOS mobile devices users.
SecondLife the design is not very attractive for a dating site.
It does not appear like a dating site for new users.
Tracing other people interested in dating is difficult.
SecondLife dating was founded in 2003, and by 2013, it had attracted 1,000,000+ users. However, that number had declined by the end of 2017 to between 800,000 and 900,000. The dating site is under virtual world gaming and dating. Some of its services are free, while others are for people holding premium profile accounts.
The dating site enjoys a membership of over 1,500,000 members. Again, it also has close to 200,000 daily logins from users all over the world. It is only for people aged above 18 years and who are interested in technologies. That means most of the users consider themselves as computer nerds or fantasize about virtual world dating. For people disinterested in computer games, this might not be an appropriate dating platform. Nevertheless, those registered are active and are quick to establish contact or respond to a message.
SecondLife has an operational mobile app on which users can contact or interact from their comfort location. However, the app is only available to Android smartphone users but absent on iOS run devices. Nevertheless, the site’s management indicates an iOS version of the app is under development. As the only available mode of the mobile app, most Android version users rate the app positively.
Costs and Prices
Payments with a credit card or through PayPal mode are acceptable. Below is a tabulation of costs per period:
|Duration||Cost per Month||Total|
SecondLife Special Features
- Exclusive gifts: It allows members to send gifts inform of a message to other users.
- Romantic hideouts: These are designated areas where you can take your date.
- Avatars: These are virtual representations of users.
- User-generated content: It is a tool allowing users to generate a creation.
- Scripts: It will enable a user to improve animation.
SecondLife dating offers advice to users on how to recognize fake emails or hacked profiles. Further, the account uses an end-to-end encrypted message system and a secure HTTP connection. All these measures help in preventing access to personal data by third parties.
Our Experience on SecondLife
The site is exciting for people interested in anime dating. Some exciting features in SecondLife’s virtual world are unavailable for most anime dating sites. Besides, the play and communication with the people are exciting and adventurous. However, when it comes to locating the dating partly on SecondLife, it is challenging.
Registering on SecondLife is not a very difficult task. However, there are a few steps to follow for the successful completion of the profile account registration. See what to do below!
- Step 1: Go to www.secondlife.com on your browser, or download the SecondLife app on your Android-supported smartphone and open it.
- Step 2: Click the large blue “JOIN FREE” button.
- Step 3: Fill in the spaces provided for username, password, email, date of birth, security question, and the answer to the question. Also, select your gender, confirm you’re not a robot, and check to confirm terms.
- Step 4: Click the orange “CREATE MY ACCOUNT” button.
- Step 5: Go to your email and confirm the sent link.
After the registration, here is what to do:
- Step 1: Click on your username to open your profile page.
- Step 2: Go to the about tab and input your interests. You are also allowed to make additional notes describing yourself further.
- Step 3: Go to the picks tab and click create a pick. Select all the favorite spots you want to include in your profile.
- Step 4: Click on the “Groups” tab and choose the clutches and groups that interest you.
Searching and Matching
SecondLife lacks an efficient filtering tool for matchmaking and search. That means finding other users to contact and connect with them is challenging. However, it is still possible to find potential matches through participation in groups and posts. Again, participation as an avatar also allows users to search and meet new friends to interact with them.
Contacting with Other Members
When on SecondLife, contact with other members can happen in several ways such as:
- Sending a message or likes: Doing this is considered an expression of interest, and thus, the other person is likely to respond effectively and positively.
- Video games: Another way to interact with people here is through joining the animated games. That provides an opportunity to contact and connect with other players.
- Sending gifts: In maintaining an existing contact, virtual gift-giving is advisable
Being on SecondLife has a thrilling impact on dating. This new form of dating and enjoying a video game brings an exciting virtual moment to the registered members. That establishes a connection between members that feels more of a reality than on other online dating websites. However, caution on SecondLife dating is necessary as virtual reality isn’t the same as reality. Again, despite the safety protocols by the dating site, individual users must ensure the security and confidentiality of personal information.
How popular is SecondLife in the United States?
The site has most of its users as Americans.
Are there fake profiles on SecondLife?
Yes, but they are very few.
Is safety guaranteed on SecondLife?
Yes, it is through encrypted messages and secure HTTP connections.